Product Marketing Manager
The end of the year is here and we have a gift for you. Keep reading to find out what is in the latest version of HPE Propel that will make it easier than ever to become a true service broker.
I love December! It brings back great memories, but the month also triggers hopes for the future. Last week we wrapped up Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2015 London conference which was exiting, engaging and informative. This was the first conference for us as Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Just as we had hoped, it has blown away all projections regarding the number of visitors.
The HPE Propel team is particularly proud of 2015 because:
- We added many new customers,
- We delivered three releases of HP Propel service broker software (read below about the fourth release this year, 2.10)
- We earned strong positive opinions about the product and its roadmap from the market and key analysts.
At HPE Discover 2015 in London, HPE Propel had several breakout sessions, featuring our customers Logicalis and Sopra-Steria.
If you could not join in London, we will share one of the sessions, HPE Service Exchange and Jumpstart - Transform the IT Consumption Experience, as a VIVIT webinar on December 15. Don’t miss this opportunity. Register for the webinar here.
Patrick Bailly, a director for innovation and industrialization at Sopra-Steria and Ankit Desai, a senior product manager for HPE Propel will present how to easily integrate tools together.
If you haven’t experienced it yet, HPE Propel is a new product to help IT become a service broker. It helps improve the user experience by increasing self-service and automated fulfilment across multiple providers. It enables IT to increase its speed and responsiveness to increased innovation and faster service launches. HPE Propel makes IT more nimble to respond quickly to changing market conditions, customer preferences or competitor actions. You just need to know what you want your IT to DIY and what you want to broker – HPE Propel will help you with how.
Next week we release HPE Propel 2.10. Here is (as usual) an incomplete list of what’s coming up in this December issue:
- Universal search app. Now Propel offers a unified search interface, based on IDOL, for finding information across the service catalog, support tickets and knowledge articles. In addition, we will have application specific search for advanced use cases.
Universal search across all HPE Propel content
- Openstack Murano catalog aggregation and fulfilment. Users will be able to order, deploy and consume cloud services from the Murano catalog from HPE Propel and manage subscription and service instance actions for Openstack services.
- Create a support ticket directly from a subscription. Instance actions will be supported for multiple HPE CSA nodes. Version 2.10 will also support dynamic options on subscription management.
- External Pricing feature. Provides the ability to dynamically have different pricing for each request, performed through an external API.
- The migration "toolset". The version provided in 2.10 will enable migrating data and configurations from existing instance to the latest HPE Propel instance.
I will include more new features in the blog post next week at http://bit.ly/1HZiObD
Wishing you a greater emotional engagement with your users and customers and a wonderful holiday season!