Posted By Lyndsey Zajac,
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Updated: Friday, July 1, 2016
| Comments (0)
By Kelly Emo
Director of Product Marketing
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Every industry today is being impacted by the presence of digital innovation and disruption. Software is driving new ways to engage customers, partners and deliver value. As a result, IT Teams are working rapidly to increase the speed in which they deliver digital value while maintaining or increasing the impact of their digital user experience.
This relentless pursuit of speed, quality and scale are driving IT application teams to evolve the way they plan, design, code, test and deliver software into data centers and the cloud easily, securely, with high performance and ultimately an amazing user experience. IT organizations are looking to proven best practices such as Agile, Lean and DevOPs delivery to achieve that balance of speed, quality and scale.
|To address this, HPE has delivered an evolved ALM experience that accelerates lean, DevOps delivery. On June 1st, HPE announced a new, expanded ALM and Quality Management software experience--HPE ALM Octane. HPE ALM Octane will set a new precedent for lean, Agile lifecycle and quality management. HPE ALM Octane is available to all ALM and Quality Center customers today on SaaS and shortly on premise. |
Representing the next generation of software development lifecycle management, HPE ALM Octane ensures constant quality and application health visibility for customers employing Agile development practices and Continuous Integration. With an open, REST-based architecture that immediately adds value to the open source tools used widely by Agile and DevOps teams, HPE ALM Octane provides analytics and insights to ensure success at DevOps speed.
Highlights in HPE ALM Octane include:
Initial feedback from over 800 beta customers describe ALM Octane as a "five-star” experience and "a far better test management experience than other Agile tools”. To see more customer feedback, visit our TechValidate customer portal.
- Continuous view of quality at the DevOps pipeline level or aggregated up to overall application and app component-level through intelligent correlation to Application modules
- Complete traceability across DevOps pipelines from Backlog to Builds to test runs and defects with clean, flexible reporting and linking results and activities to individuals via #ChatOps
- Support for manual testing managed in source control via embedded GIT repository and support for Gherkin to test earlier in the lifecycle with BDD (Business Driven Development)
- Ability to customize processes with flexible, configurable business rules and user defined fields
- Built-in integrations with DevOps development tool sets such as Jenkins and TeamCity for CI and GIT for source control along with Swagger documented REST APIs for further integrations
- Intelligent and flexible dashboards to customize views of application health and continuously track progress
Learn more about HPE ALM Octane and visit Octane University, sign up for a free trial to experience it for yourself. Follow HPE ALM on Twitter @HPE_ALM.
This post has not been tagged.