Posted By Lyndsey Zajac,
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Updated: Thursday, March 2, 2017
| Comments (0)
We welcome the following Leaders and their expertise. We invite you to join their Local User Group or Special Interest Group to share tips, best practices, and real-world experiences. Join a group by clicking on their group name under the picture and select the "Join Group” icon which will appear at the top of the group web page if you aren’t already a member. Connect to the leader by clicking on their name. Member sign-in required.
Alabama LUG Leader
- Working with HPE’s automated testing suite of software for 13+ years now, specializing on testing SAP software
- In my off time, I enjoy rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, spelunking, scuba diving and flying with my family
- currently trying to learn Russian so if there are any Russian speakers out there, please give me a shout
"We are starting this LUG in order to connect with other organizations that have automated testing as part of their testing strategies for software releases. We’ve found that there is a huge need for connecting and sharing ideas, strategies and best practices in the Huntsville/Birmingham areas and are very much excited about being part of this organization."
Sr Project Manager
- Currently serving as the Quality Assurance Service Delivery Manager
for the NASA Enterprise Applications Services & Technologies.
- He has 16 total years of IT Industry experience with a strong
background in IT Project and Systems Management, 12 years of experience
supporting NASA IT Project & Systems management contracts in multiple
positions across the following disciplines: QA Delivery Management, Agile
Process Management, Scrum Master support, Project Management,
Requirements/Test/Defect Management, Process Modeling, Business Analysis, and
- Specialized expertise in Agile
Project Management Practices, Business Analysis/Solution Architecture, QA and
- Holds an MBA in Finance and holds certifications in
Project Management (Project Management Profession PMP), ITIL Foundation
Certification, and Scrum Master Certification (CSM). John played a key
role in NASA's transition to Agile Project Management practices (Scrum) and the
associated organizational change effort to support the transition which
resulted in higher quality software deployed, lower defects, and greater
accuracy in planning projects.
- Led several NASA IT Projects in the
role of Project Manager or Lead, and co-developed the Agile Scrum and NPR
7120.7 process model which maps NASA's Agile Scrum practices to NASA’s project
management requirements. strong appreciation for the role of
automated testing practices in building high-quality software.
Portfolio Manager, Service Delivery
Fraser Health Authority
British Columbia LUG Leader
- Jason is a long-time Vivit adherent who is excited to return to the team after a recent sabbatical
- In the past he has served in many roles in support of the Vivit community and is now returning to the role of LUG leader in British Columbia
- Jason’s HPE Software experience has historically been focused in the areas of operations and network management, and now, in concert with his depth of IT Service Management expertise, he is leading a team responsible for HP Service Manager
- When not at work, Jason’s activities and interests almost always take him outdoors to new areas in the Pacific Northwest and beyond
"I’m extremely excited to reconnect with the Vivit Community and engage with the HPE Software community in British Columbia. I look forward to any opportunities to partner with those interested in sharing insights and experiences as we plan the next British Columbia LUG meeting.”
- Has more than 20 years of product management and marketing experience with hardware and software products
- Started his journey in Application Performance Management more than 10 years ago with Optimal Networks (later acquired by Compuware) and launched their first synthetic monitoring solution
- Spent more than 8 years with Symantec on consumer-focused security and back up applications where he focused on sales enablement and marketing
- Earlier in his career as a product manager for notebook computers, Jon was called on to testify in the Dept. of Justice vs. Microsoft trial
- Holds a BS in Finance from California State University, Long Beach
"As the Network Management solution undergoes a renaissance at HPE, we will renew our engagement with our user community. Since the OpenView days, the users have been at the heart of the success of Network Node Manager (and later Network Automation) and we look forward to re-connecting with our vibrant community".
IT Application Services Group Lead
- Active Vivit member since 2007; Awarded 2014 - Top Virtual Contributor Americas; Accepted role as Houston Local User Group co-leader in September 2016
- Actively utilizes the many resources available to Vivit members. I participate in virtual Special Interest Groups, and attend live webinar events to acquire cross-training on HPE products and services, and search the forums, blogs, and newsletters regularly for solutions to issues or questions about HPE product installations
- Previously hosted a Local User Group meeting at my place of employment where I presented a case study on my company’s ITSM implementation. Since 2007, I have been with Halliburton, a Houston-based energy products and services industry leader, where I am a member of IT team leadership supporting several HPE software products. Prior roles include Accenture and Bearing Point, where my role primarily involved consulting services to manage implementations of earlier incarnations what is now known as HPE Project and Portfolio Management Suite (PPM).
- Career goal is to utilize my many years of experience in the Information Technology field to deliver solutions for managing information assets of decision support applications to leverage state-of-the-art technology and best practices
- 15 years of experience with HPE Project and Portfolio Management Suite (PPM), and my team currently provides functional and technical support for users of PPM for the global SAP application support teams, and the Project Management Organization which manages over 1,500 global IT projects; and we also provide functional support for other HPE software products: Service Manager, uCMDB, Asset Manager, Connect-IT, and Quality Center
"My Houston Local User Group goals: Bring together local technology professionals to share ideas and experiences, and to connect with HPE product specialists and their Partner organizations, to maximize our potential to provide relevant solutions and value to the companies that we represent."
This post has not been tagged.