Vanson Bourne recently performed a survey of 1,000 decision-makers across 13 countries on behalf of HP Software to identify strategies to help organizations gain competitive advantage through software enablement. The research – detailed in this White Paper – was first conducted in 2010 and again in 2013; it reveals three key ways to make your enablement programs more effective:
1. Supporting different learning styles
While many of us now use highly intuitive smartphones and tablet apps on a daily basis, not everyone does. So you may have a generational capability gap in your organization with younger employees likely to be more adept with technology. As a consequence, education programs must accommodate different levels of knowledge and learning styles.
2. Customize to optimize
The research also reveals that for education to be effective, people need more choice in the way they access content. In the White Paper the case is made for using flexible learning and education tools to provide highly customized content through multiple delivery methods. The move to customized training was seen to be very important: 87% of respondents say that it will be critical to personalize training within two years.
3. Moving to on-demand training
In addition, people also saw the value in providing continuous, on-demand education to your teams. Five key benefits were cited from this:
- Faster on-boarding of end users
- Faster knowledge transfer
- Improved end user satisfaction
- Getting people up to speed faster with new software
- Reduced costs for managing training materials
Overall, the research shows that education programmes should be:
- Continuous: With a joined-up approach of ongoing enablement through the application lifecycle
- Customizable: With delivery methods that allow people to learn in a way that suits them, when it suits them
- Responsive: With programmes that adapt to support organizational, business, or end-user needs as they change and evolve
Want to know more?
On April 9, Tina Sturgis and Jeanette Jacobs, HP’s training evangelists, will run a 30-minute webinar to look at the results. They will advise on how you can understand if your enablement programmes are working and how to use education to respond with agility to business change, achieve value from software faster and reduce risk. You can also drop in here to view a range of materials including instructional videos, best practice tips, animations and infographics.