As already announced in early June, this month HP shipped its first on-premise release of Propel, a solution for transforming IT into a service broker. HP Propel helps break the deadlock between IT and end users.
On one side there is IT, which is facing the following dilemmas:
- The team is super busy and trying to do it all
- The department is required to stay within the allowed security and governance compliance circle
- The department is trying to deliver a helpful and engaging experience, automate service requests fulfillments and integrate multiple suppliers without losing control and providing everything on mobile devices.
On the other side we have the end user who does not want to differentiate between “what I want” and “what I think I should be able to have”. The end user is surrounded by rich offerings of goods and services, used to constant consumption of what they need, when they need it.
Now, IT has to deliver business users demands at the speed of business – which is faster than ever. HP Propel enables IT organizations to deliver and broker traditional, cloud, and hybrid IT services. IT is now accepting that the new strategy is around “what else can we do for our business users” and not only about building unique capabilities. With this shift, IT has new capability to provide the desired consumer experience and more services. Part of these services will be from IT’s own repertoire and part will be from external suppliers. HP Propel enables IT to deliver these services in superior speed and simultaneously it solves the issue of point-to-point integrations which drained lots of time and resources on implementing and maintaining it.
Propel’s key capabilities
The unique capabilities provided by HP Propel, empower our customers to:
- Increase time to value by quickly assessing capabilities of external service providers and making them available to the business
- Enhance service quality by capturing 100 percent of the IT customer’s demand and feedback
- Improve consumer engagement and satisfaction with a single, unified, app-store like experience and
- Reduce IT costs by quickly on-boarding and integrating internal and external systems, which drives business efficiency.
With HP Propel on premise, IT provides a single destination for business users to request and consume their needed services. The single service catalog aggregates services from underlying catalogs, such as ITSM or cloud services catalogs. Service aggregation is achieved through federation principles, which enables fast implementation without “rip-and-replace”. The Propel catalog uses your existing fulfillment engines to fulfill the requests and enables unified experience, regardless of the ordered service.
If you are interested to learn about all features and values that Propel 1.0 provides, please do not hesitate to contact us at HP or visit our web page www.hp.com/go/propel. In particular we recommend IDC paper “HP Propel, a Solution to Transform IT into a Multi-Supplier Service Broker” More information about HP Propel 1.0 you can also read in our blog post Introducing HP Propel on-premise: give your users a shortcut to information, decisions and actions