Please join us for the Spring 2012 Meeting of the Seattle Vivit Chapter. The event, sponsored by Collabnet (www.collabnet.com) and J9 Technologies (www.j9tech.com), will be held at the Rock Bottom Brewery in downtown Seattle and will focus on ALM, BSM, OO and Dev Ops. Presentations will feature speakers from Alaska Airlines and Collabnet. Lunch will be provided, and a complimentary happy hour will follow the meeting. Don't miss this opportunity to learn and to network with your peers!
Monday, April 23rd
From 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Rock Bottom Brewery
1333 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98101
Online registration is closed.
Please join us for the Spring 2012 Meeting of the Seattle Vivit Chapter. The event, sponsored by CollabNet (www.collabnet.com) and J9 Technologies (www.j9tech.com), will be held at the Rock Bottom Brewery in downtown Seattle and will focus on ALM, BSM, OO and DevOps. Presentations will feature speakers from Alaska Airlines and CollabNet. Lunch will be provided, and a complimentary happy hour will follow the meeting. Don't miss this opportunity to learn and to network with your peers!
Noon - lunch/networking
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Presentations
3:30 p.m. - Happy Hour
Implementation of HP ALM and BSM Products at Alaska Airlines - Matt Pina and Ben Rusk, Alaska Airlines
Explore the business needs which enabled Alaska Airlines to secure HP products including Quality Center, QuickTest Professional, Business Process Testing, LoadRunner and Diagnostics. Matt and Ben will welcome any questions about Alaska's experience with the Selection, Implementation, Usage, Upgrades and Maintenance of the products that are currently on site at Alaska Airlines.
What is DevOps?
A new IT Opportunity…DevOps - Paul Peissner, CollabNet
There are many conversations around the blending of IT initiatives (like Agile ALM and Agile BSM), and IT teams (Dev, QA, Ops, Infrastructure, Service Mgt, Support, etc.); and other IT topics that appear to bring new challenges (like Cloud, Mobile, outsourcing, crowd-sourcing, shadow-IT, governance, etc.). Some people think DevOps might be the context to define a new IT structure.
· Is DevOps the new IT initiative, that will helps IT embrace innovative changes and transform current practices?
· Can DevOps help my company with challenges we have today?
· Can I take advantage of DevOps to advance my career?
Help us determine the focus of the DevOps presentation - send an email to email@example.com with you responses to the following:
Which of the following DevOps categories and topics do find most interesting (1) and which seem the least (7)
- DevOps and Project Mgt - Application Delivery (Dev project optimization) with HP ALM,
- DevOps and Transition Mgt - Continuous Deployment strategies with HP Operations Orchestrator
- DevOps and IT Service Mgt – Quality and resolution with HP ITSM
- DevOps and Executive Monitoring – IT KPI’s that enable visibility and fast decision making
- DevOps and the corporate advantages – A review of innovative IT groups that leverage DevOps today
- DevOps and future IT careers opportunities – A recommendation of Education, Resources and Communities
- I have no idea what DevOps is…I need a 15 minute DevOps 101 presentation…first.