To view this webinar go to >> https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/9041/84025
Brought to you by the Vivit Big Data and Business Intelligence Special Interest Groups
With the world’s appetite for digital communication expanding by the hour, there is an emerging opportunity for your organization to take advantage of Big Data and Business Intelligence. Big Data promises big benefits, but also poses a big challenge. In addition to its increasing volume, Big Data is highly varied. Up to 90% of Big Data is unstructured—flowing outside standard file structures or formats that would make it manageable. Additionally, Big Data is characterized by high velocity, as streaming data can require milliseconds to respond.
Join four global technology innovators and hear their thoughts, perspectives and experience on how they’re reshaping their businesses to corral these increasing volumes of bytes - from e-mails, social media, and website downloads—and convert them into game-changing information that enhances their guest/customer experiences and secures their place as some of the world’s top companies and brands.
In this session you’ll learn:
- What’s the big deal around big data? Who has it? Why would I want it?
- What you know about your guests and customers….and then what you really know when you tap into unstructured data
- Predictive analytics – how to find that next game-changing opportunity for your company
HP Fellow and Big Data Futurist
- Kas Kasravi is an HP Fellow in Enterprise Services.
- He is also a member of the New Service Development team in the HP Enterprise Services Office of the Chief Technology Officer, where he is responsible for the development of new service offerings.
- Kasravi provides global analytics support across multiple market sectors.
- He joined EDS in 1985, working with the General Motors Design Staff account. Later, Kasravi transferred to the Artificial Intelligence Services group, where as a senior knowledge engineer he designed and developed novel intelligent systems for General Motors and other clients. Subsequently, Kasravi's inventions and patents led to his role as a patent strategist at EDS and HP for several years.
- His primary area of focus has been analytics, with additional interest in artificial intelligence, patents and invention methodologies. Kasravi has developed and used advanced analytics methods, such as data mining, computational linguistics, geographic information systems, predictive modeling, simulation and optimization, in a variety of solutions in diverse industries such as automotive, pharmaceutical, financial, retail and defense.
- He holds two GM Trade Secrets, a Smithsonian Institute Award for a GM automotive paint application, eight granted patents, and more than 20 pending patents. Kasravi's patent for Autonomous Knowledge Discovery was one of the earliest data mining patents, and is frequently cited by patents from other major corporations.
- In 1993, he set up a non-profit educational center to provide training to at-risk workers in Michigan, which impacted the careers of more than 4,000 individuals.
- Kasravi has published more than two dozen technical papers and regularly speaks at conferences and symposiums. He is a member of Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma and Alpha Sigma Nu honor societies, a certified manufacturing engineer, ITIL Foundation certified, and TOGAF 8 certified.
- Kasravi earned bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical and manufacturing engineering, pursued post-graduate studies in artificial intelligence and earned a law degree with emphasis on intellectual property and patent law.
Michael Crooks Practice Executive at HP’s Communications,
Entertainment Social Enterprise Practice
Michael is a Practice Executive at HP's
Communications, Media and Entertainment Social Enterprise Practice. His
practice focuses on aligning HP’s Social Capabilities to meet the unique needs
of the media and entertainment industry. In addition, he has directly
worked with HP executives to hone the strategic direction of HP’s holistic
Upon joining HP, Michael incubated HP’s first
Social Practice under the Industry Consulting Group. He is primary formal
solution designer and owner of HP’s Interactive Media Command Center solution,
rebranded by NASCAR as the Fan and Media Engagement Center FMEC.
Michael Crooks has over 20 years of IT
Service/Strategy, Strategic Sourcing, Collaboration, Go-to-Market and
Implementation experience. Prior to HP, Michael was a leader in Gartner’s
management consulting business unit.In this position, he also lead the
formal sourcing and organizational alignment strategy design for Disney’s Next
Generation Experience program (Disney NGE), an over 4 billion dollar
transformation of Disney World Parks and Resorts.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- David has been with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts for over 10 years, where he develops innovative new technologies that power experiences such as Disney’s new MyMagic+. He currently leads media and experience development projects that continue to advance the state of the art in capturing and preserving Disney Guests’ cherished memories.
- David serves on the Advisory Board of Hacking Autism, an Autism Speaks initiative. He also chairs the board of Quest, Inc., Central Florida’s largest provider of services to persons with disabilities and serves on the governing board of Orlando Science Charter Schools.
- David holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Binghamton University and Master of Science degree in Computer Science from Marist College.
WW Director, Media and Entertainment, Hewlett-Packard
- Steve leads HP's digital media center of excellence along with the development of cloud-based service offerings to support the creation, management, and distribution of media for the media and entertainment industry.
- He brings more than 20 years of experience in the media and entertainment industry to HP.
- Former VP Strategic Studio Relations for Deluxe Digital Studios and global account lead for all Disney business units.
- Director of Video Mastering and Restoration at Walt Disney Studios, Manager of Technology at Walt Disney Feature Animation coordinating all non-theatrical post production activities and launching a groundbreaking restoration program for the Platinum releases of the Disney classic films.
- Global leader for award-winning visual effect companies and was founder and president of his own animation production company, Class6 Entertainment.
- Global roles in media/entertainment also include executive management and financial oversight, strategic direction, production workflow and hands-on technical and creative development.