Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Please attend one, two or as many sessions you wish. Please note, each session requires a separate registration.
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Please attend one, two or as many sessions you wish. Please note, each session requires a separate registration.
|10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
||Keynote Speaker: Darrel Thomas, HP Fellow & Virtualization Guru followed by Birds of a Feather Session|
||Birds of a Feather Session - Panel Discussion starting at approximately 10:45 AM EST|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
||Ready Compute: Journey from Data Center Automation to Cloud |
|1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EST
||Best Practices for Cloud Automation & Integration|
|3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
||Managing the Challenges of Cloud Management |
Keynote Speaker: Will Allen, HP Fellow & Mobility Futurist Followed by Birds of a Feather Session
Wednesday, November 6, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
Everywhere you turn these days, someone is talking about cloud computing and mobility, and with good reason. The cloud represents a paradigm shift in computing—one that enables highly scalable applications and services to be delivered on demand. For mobility, it’s no longer a question of bring your own device—it’s about the relationship and potential you have with multiple devices and how they make your life and work easier, faster and better. But, if you’re like most IT professionals and technologists, realizing the potential of the cloud and mobility requires answers to questions that may not have occurred to you yet.
Join HP Fellows and Futurists Darrel Thomas and Will Allen, for a conversation on how cloud and mobility are challenging technology professionals to be more creative and innovative than ever before. Hear about the mega trends in cloud and mobility and what they see happening in 5, 10 and 15 years into the future. HP Fellows are internationally recognized as being thought leaders and trend "predictors” of technology, government, business and economics. They’ve worked with all the Fortune 500 companies, hundreds of government agencies around the world. They are members of the World Futurist Society, World Economic Forum, NASA, the Nobel Prize Organization, and collectively hold hundreds of patents. Bring your questions for a lively conversation into the "art of the possible.”
Who should attend?
No matter where your organization is on its journey, the VIVIT mobility and cloud summit is the best destination for exploring the technologies, learning the strategies and preparing an environment that evolves with your business. Take advantage of this opportunity to hear from top experts and visionaries in the industry as they lead the conversation on mobility and cloud.
Sessions will run from 10:00 a.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m. EST each day. Attend one, two or all sessions. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the conversation.
HP Fellow and Mobility Futurist
- Global mobility futurist specializing in innovation and design
- Co-inventor of HP ColorSmart and helped establish a vibrant imaging technical community spanning HP divisions around the world
- Holds more than 80 patents
- Inventor and designer of HP's first digital projector
- Inventor of multiple human/computer interaction technologies
- Former chief technologist for Inkjet Solutions and Assets and Former chief technologist for global Advanced Projects Group
- Chief Technologist of the Graphics Solutions Business
- Former Chief Scientist for HP's projection display business
- Primary inventor of wobulation technology – won "Best of What's New” from Popular Science in 2004
- Transferred color imaging technology from HP Labs and deployed it in HP's first color DeskJet printers
- Proliferated system-based engineering practices, including widespread use of human metrology to measure image quality
- Plays bass guitar in the world's best Cowboy Surf Poetry band, The Svens
|Mobile Testing with HP UFT Mobile: A Case Study
Wednesday, November 6, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
If you opt-in to be contacted by Orasi, you will be entered into a drawing for an HP Slate 7.
SunTrust Bank is a large financial institution with nearly $200 billion in assets and 1,600 branch locations. When they introduced a mobile app, SunTrust quickly realized that mobile apps require a significantly different approach for quality assurance. Manual testing wasn’t sufficient due to the number and volatility of mobile devices and operating systems. To combat that problem, Suntrust deployed the HP UFT Mobile platform to support a mix of manual and automated testing against a wide variety of mobile devices. In this session, we’ll talk about the criteria SunTrust used to decide on a platform and how they implemented the new technology in their environment.
- Overview of SunTrust Bank and their mobile initiative
- SunTrust’s original mobile testing plan and the challenges they encountered
- SunTrust’s criteria for selecting an automation solution
- Description of how HP UFT Mobile satisfied the SunTrust criteria and attacked the previous challenges
AVP, Mobile Testing
- Seasoned developer with more than 25 years of professional application development and quality assurance experience
- Currently the AVP for Mobile Testing at Orasi Software, one of the largest and most successful HP BTO sales and services partners
- Recognized as an industry thought leader on mobile application development and helps organizations around the globe improve their application quality process
|On the Edge of Mobility – Building a Bridge to Quality
Wednesday, November 6, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EST
Businesses can't truly succeed in the mobile app space without quality. The absence of quality results in a poor app experience and the loss of customers. Despite this, mobile apps have raced away leaving quality trailing. Now IT is faced with the challenge of catching up and driving quality into the future of mobility, without putting the brakes on.
During this webinar you will hear top tactics for building a bridge from where you are today to a comprehensive and effective mobile test program. You will take away a new approach to the mobility vs. quality challenge.
- Gain insight into your development and testing challenges – the plethora of devices, OSs and versions, the nature of the apps, and the pressure of agile processes
- Learn how to create a new strategy that encompasses people, process, and technology
- Learn how to translate your strategy into an actionable roadmap
- Explore how to provide short-term capabilities while working to a long-term plan
- Find out how to choose the right quality management partner
HP Software Professional Services
- He is responsible for Application Lifecycle Management service
- He has been with HP since June 1999 and has more than 20 years of experience in practice management, large-scale application design and development, product development and R&D, large multi-shore project/program management, organizational quality management, and IT consulting
- With a gift for innovative thinking (two US patents, "Innovator of the year” award at HP and several technical publications) and passion for customer delight (recipient of GM CIO award), Shamim has lead consulting practices, end-to-end engineering of large distributed computing, data management, and digital media applications
- Before joining HP, Shamim has held technical and management positions at Schlumberger Corp, where he lead the development of several enterprise software products. Shamim's industry experience has been in the areas of Telecom, Oil and Gas, Automotive, Financial and e-Commerce
- Shamim holds graduate degrees in Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA; and a Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
|Testing Business to Consumer Mobile Apps
Wednesday, November 6, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
If you opt-in to be contacted by Avnet, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 USD Amazon Gift Card..
Can your business keep pace with the constant development and change of mobile platforms? If you want to stay in the race and come out ahead, testing of these mobile applications must be accurate, reliable and rapid.
Join us for an opportunity to:
- Learn best practices for keeping up with the fast pace of change in mobile environments
- Find out how to accommodate offshore testing or development of mobile apps with onshore IT resources
- Discover how to leverage existing investment in HP Software to test mobile applications
VP HP Services Technology
- Responsible for Mobility Strategy and overseeing pre-sales for Avnet and HP products and services
- Accredited to architecting Avnet vCloud for hosting, pre-sales, development, training, and support as well as creating product concepts and managed development of QC eApprove, QC vLab, and QC Mobile
- Prior to Avnet, was founder and CTO of Genilogix, an information technology risk mitigation firm based in Pittsburgh
- Twenty plus year career in IT spans publicly-traded companies, government, and education
Keynote Speaker: Darrel Thomas, HP Fellow & Virtualization Guru Followed by Birds of a Feather Session
Thursday, November 7,10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
HP Fellow & Virtualization Guru
- Member of the Information Technology Outsourcing service line in Service Delivery Operations. HP Fellow in Enterprise Services-Responsible for the next generation vision of datacenter services in ISL along with strategic initiatives around the physical data center management
- Role includes technology management and innovations of new technology, industry trends, standards and intellectual property that differentiates EDS’ Services from others in the market
- Responsible for the overall automation and architecture design leading the rest of the architecture team. His responsibilities also include the designing and providing architectural and technology guidance on new innovations and market offerings including Infrastructure Orchestration and Automation, Virtualization Services, Server Management Services, Web Hosting/Managed Services, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, and associated innovations
- Has held several roles at EDS with various responsibilities within the company. His more recent job experiences within the company have included chief technologist; Portfolio Management/Infrastructure –data center services, chief technologist; and Portfolio Management/Infrastructure – Global Hosting Services, consultant systems engineer.
- Chief architect with EDS Internet & NewMedia/Chaos2Order (INM/C2O) strategic business line
- Worked as a chief technologist for Persona, Inc. In this position, he was responsible for the Internet, intranet and extranet architecture of the PersonaVault™, Persona’s ASP Identity Management Service. He also negotiated the E-Business ITO contract with EDS, serving as chief technologist of the architecture of the design within EDS’ Web Hosting facility in Plano, Texas
- Role within Persona, Inc., Thomas served as the architectural lead with Office of Technology on the applications/system design of the PersonaValet, Persona Identity Management System (IDMS) and Persona DB (the Persona DB Analysis systems). In 2005, he was selected as a Distinguished SE
- Thomas currently has several patents pending and holds relationships within and outside of company organizations and professional affiliations
- Holds four Guinness World Records for World Cup France Web sites
- Attended Millsaps College where he earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science.Chief technologist and leader of the Service Provider Cloud Services organization within the Chief Technology Office for HP Enterprise Services
|Ready Compute: Journey from Data Center Automation to Cloud |
Thursday, November 7, 2013, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
Take a look back at the journey McKesson took on the road from Automating the Data Center to Private Cloud Management. We will look at the automation used to jump start the private cloud implementation, the business processes that were addressed, and what’s next on the roadmap.
Team Lead, Data Center Automation
- Ron Cornwell has spent 15 years with a Fortune 20 Company
- He has had several roles including UNIX System Administrator, Technical Project Manager for Data Center Consolidation, and Team Lead Data Center Automation
- Ron is a member of HP BSA Customer Advisory Board (2009-present) and has been a presenter at HP Discover for the last 2 years
- A US Army Veteran
|Best Practices for Cloud Automation & Integration
Thursday, November 7, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EST
If you opt-in to be contacted by Avnet, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 USD Amazon Gift Card.
Everyone's talking about cloud, but customers still have a lot of unanswered questions, including:
- Which cloud products are right for me?
- What's the best option: Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud?
- How do I manage my cloud?
- What about all the investments in operations we've made over the last few years?
Join us and learn some of the ways Avnet Services can help you answer these questions.
Learn How to…
- Leverage existing systems and people with best practice process improvements
- Combine multiple tasks to automate workflows
- Improve application deployment time by 80%
- Reduce time to repair from hours to seconds
- Cut your time to provision infrastructure requests from days to minutes
AVP Sales – East
- Manages a team of sales reps that focus on selling Data Center Automation and Cloud Computing solutions and services into enterprise accounts
- Strong focus on best practices to build private/public clouds for many Fortune 500 accounts utilizing off the shelf technology integrated with the customer's existing processes and investments
- Extensive experience in various technologies to help drive many corporate initiatives with strategic precision and execution
Managing the Challenges of Cloud Management
Thursday, November 7, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Significant industry trends are driving Enterprise IT to be more agile and respond faster to business needs across traditional IT, private and public clouds. Some of the daunting challenges IT organizations face are: having strong controls on IT services, ability to show greater customer value, and managing costs.
Register for this webinar and gain insights into how HP’s enterprise-grade cloud management will help your IT departments increase agility, simplify operations and enhance business across your hybrid cloud. In addition you will gain understanding into:
- Why a flexible architecture matters to you
- How to simplify your day-to-day operations
- How to stage your applications, platform and infrastructure service seamlessly for hybrid cloud
- Importance of advanced operations management tools, such as end-to-end performance management and cloud security
Cloud Software Product Marketing
- Evangelist and change agent in the high-tech industry, with over 20 years working in 5 continents.
- Collin is responsible for the marketing of HP Cloud Service Automation - the company’s cloud management software.