Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Keynote Speaker: Mateen Greenway, HP Fellow & Chief Technologist Followed by Birds of a Feather Session
Wednesday, November 20, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
With the world’s appetite for digital communication expanding by the hour, there is an emerging opportunity for your organization—provided your IT infrastructure possesses the horsepower to take advantage of Big Data and has the safeguards in place to keep it all safe, secure and private. Big Data promises big benefits, but also poses a big challenge. In addition to its increasing volume, Big Data is highly varied. Up to 90% of Big Data is unstructured—flowing outside standard file structures or formats that would make it manageable. Additionally, Big Data is characterized by high velocity, as streaming data can require milliseconds to respond.
Join HP Fellows and Futurists Ed Reynolds and Mateen Greenway for a look to the future of Big Data and security mega trends. Learn how you can reshape your IT infrastructure to corral these increasing volumes of bytes—from e-mails, social media, and website downloads—and convert them into beneficial information and savings for your organization. Hear how organizations around the world are tapping into unstructured data and predictive analytics to help them deliver better customer and guest interactions and outcomes. HP Fellows are internationally recognized as being thought leaders and trend "predictors” of technology, government, business and economics. They’ve worked with all the Fortune 500 companies, hundreds of government agencies around the world, and are members of the World Futurist Society, World Economic Forum, NASA, the Nobel Prize Organization, and collectively hold hundreds of patents. Bring your questions for a lively conversation into the "art of the possible.”
Who should attend?
No matter where your organization is on its journey, the VIVIT security and Big Data summit is the best destination for exploring the technologies, learning the strategies and preparing an environment that evolves with your business. Take advantage of this opportunity to hear from top experts and visionaries in the industry as they lead the conversation on security and Big Data.
Sessions will run from 10:00 a.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m. EST each day. Attend one, two or all sessions. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the conversation. More information coming soon.Speaker:
HP Fellow and Chief Technologist, Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Chief technologist for Europe, Middle East and Africa health and public sector industries for HP Enterprise Services
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a group of highly skilled enterprise architecture consultants in support of high-profile bid engagements
- 28 years of experience in enterprise architecture, multi-year planning, enterprise modeling, security policies, mobile computing and enterprise application implementations
- Global guru in enterprise architecture development, financial services, desktop and mobility solutions, and training disciplines, having recently developed training scenarios and course material for the EMEA Architects Practice "Next Generation Architects” candidates
- Enterprise architect for UK Justice agency, Rolls-Royce Aerospace, Bank Leumi and Kanebo Cosmetics
- Established the HP Innovation Council
- Delphi European chief technologist since 1999
- International chief technologist for the GMAC International
- Awarded the 2003 EDS Compass Award for Innovator of the Year for work on myCOE, part of the EDS Agile Workplace Services offering
|The 5 Essential Big Data Use Cases
Wednesday, November 20, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
If you opt-in to be contacted by Avnet, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 USD Amazon Gift Card.
Are you looking to improve speed, accuracy and depth of analysis for your expanding and accelerating internal/external data sources?
If so, you need to understand the 5 essential Big Data use cases that are applicable, regardless of your industry. These essential use cases drive the value for any Big Data investment.
Using specific examples we will highlight each of these 5 essential use cases and help you understand:
- The truth about driving Big Data
- IT challenges addressing Big Data
- Real world applications and the value of being driven from Big Data
Sr. Practice Director IM&A (Big Data)
- A former CIO of the Year, and Top Industry IT Executive, Mark started his career in accounting at Arthur Andersen and went on to become an award winning CIO.
- His career progressed to Management Consulting and Business Development.
- Mark currently leads the IM&A, Information Management and Analytics (Big Data), group at Avnet Services.
- In addition to an accounting degree, Finance and Economics certifications and an MBA, Mark has a post graduate in Information Technology and is a certified ITILv3 Expert.
|Solving Big Data Issues with Big Data Based Solutions
Wednesday, November 20, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EST
More and more firms are trying to determine how they can best use the mountains and mountains of information in their possession.
Banks need faster data processing and sophisticated analytics to achieve a 360-degree view of the customer, develop true relationship-based pricing, and achieve critical objectives for banking transformations such as a customer-focused enterprise, optimized enterprise risk management, and more flexible and streamlined operations.
At one of the biggest retailers in N. America, customer and market trend analyses were reduced from 30 days to 3 hours using Big Data. Not only that, but now they are able to launch marketing campaigns tailored to buying patterns, customer demographics, and event.
Healthcare institutions have used Big Data based solution to execute healthcare data analytics and provide workflow information that helps the entity to customize business services for individual physicians, and also helps the company develop educational materials to help train physicians most effectively.
Big data projects that are making city government smarter and more efficient make it easier to spot patterns and pull meaning from information such as sensors and video feeds that can't be neatly organized in a spreadsheet. Federal entities are exploring how Big Data can democratize scientific research and better spot waste, fraud and abuse.
How do new Big Data capabilities turn into tangible value? Is the business value of Big Data being able to do something faster today than yesterday? Solving Big Data issues actually requires a Big Data solution.
What is common to all of these examples is that IT should innovate to provide agile means to support the business, by whatever means the business prefers to choose to facilitate delivery to their customers.
In this session we describe some of the above examples, and tell you how HP Software is providing leading, innovative Big Data-based solutions to help IT in this innovation.
Director, Product Marketing
- Has been with HP since 1986
- Worked across consulting, sales, sales management; spawned new businesses such as HP Consulting Services with Microsoft technologies, European Regional Marketing, Worldwide Product Marketing, and Partner Strategy
- Specialized in Enterprise Architecture and IT management for many years and directly managed people in consultancy teams, competency centre teams, worldwide service product teams, in numerous successful business ventures, product and services launches
- Lead worldwide alliance team initiatives with Microsoft, BEA, ORACLE, Siebel and GSIs such as Accenture, Capgemini for BSM, SOA and Cloud initiatives
- Gained an expatriation contract to work for HP Worldwide in Seattle and San Francisco during 2000-2004 and has won numerous consultancy and marketing awards
- Today he focuses his energy on business development and BSM Product Marketing for HP Software
- Enjoys country hiking, golf, gardening, classical and seventies rock, and young timer car restorations
- Ian lives with his wife in Toulouse, France
|Big Data Analytics: Today's Gold Rush
Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
There's gold hidden in the massive mountains of data generated by companies of all sizes. Data from customers, operations, sensors, and even social media that can deliver deep insights into customer behaviors or help predict trends, but only if you have the right tools to sift through the mountains of data and dig out those hidden nuggets of information. Traditional enterprise data warehousing (EDW) solutions, and the limited user access created by the complexity of these systems, are unable to handle today's demand for unified analysis across all data. This session will cover how HP is addressing Big Data Analytics via our Information Optimization solutions, and will show you how today's leading companies are turning data into gold to drive revenues, close enterprise knowledge gaps and improve operations. Come learn about the new ROI -- Return on Information.
Keynote Speaker: Ed Reynolds, HP Fellow and Security Futurist Followed by Birds of a Feather Session
Thursday, November 21, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
HP Fellow and Security Futurist
- Lead Fellow for the Innovation JumpStart Program (IJP); develops enterprise-wide initiatives that shape the future of HP
- Former leader of software systems engineers for AT&T
- Designed and implemented data communication networks for space shuttle processing as part of NASA's modernization project following the Challenger disaster in 1986
- Global leader EDS' Technology Architecture group
- Pioneer of global internet commercialization
- Former chief technologist of EDS' Internet and New Media business line
- Responsible for business development, financial management, and overall delivery of Internet & e-business services to 7-Eleven
- Global strategist for EDS' CTO community
- Led systems development & technical support functions for large data centers and telecommunications at Beneficial Finance, Westinghouse, and International Paper
|Visualizing Security Data and Threat Impact
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
If you opt-in to be contacted by Edge Technologies, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 American Express Gift Card
Decision-makers across industries are demanding visual, real-time status of critical assets and business services to gain better visibility of business or mission operations. Edge provides a data integration and visualization platform that features bidirectional integration with ArcSight ESM and other HP software solutions, enabling users to understand the impact of security threats in the context of the business.
A demonstration of real-world use cases from the defense industry will answer questions such as:
- Why have the on-board IT systems on my ships been communicating with known botnet command and control
- Should I call off the upcoming strategic offensive effort?
- Does the rapid increase in data exfiltration attempts at one site impact an ongoing exercise?
- Should troop movement be halted due to the observance of insider threat activity?
- Why have multiple instances of our critical application exhibited anomalous behavior, and does this mean the intellectual property residing in the application databases is now unreliable?
What members will learn:
- The importance of mapping the impact of security events and threat intelligence data to business-critical services
- How prebuilt integrations enable rapid development of views tailored to individual decision-makers
- The value of translating technical data and network/security events into the language of the leadership team
- The benefit of unifying information silos to achieve a clear picture of critical information
Chief Technology Officer
- Ed Willhide is a co-founder and serves as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Edge Technologies.
- As CTO, he brings over 20 years of industry experience to overseeing the vision and direction of Edge’s products enPortal and AppBoard and overall services strategy.
- Ed’s experience and leadership in data integration and visualization technologies plays a vital role in the development of these groundbreaking products and in the continued success of our customers and partners around the world.
Director of Solutions Marketing
- Ward Cobleigh serves as the Director of Solutions Marketing for Edge Technologies.
- He is responsible for helping customers and partners understand and fully benefit from Edge Technologies’ clean, clear, and simple approach to data integration and visualization.
- With 25 years of experience in networking and systems management technologies,
- Ward is a veteran speaker and panelist at IT industry events and forums worldwide.
Compliance and Insights: Combine Analytics and Security
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EST
In a world where security cannot be an island, learn how to integrate security and IT operations for better risk management. Security and IT Operations typically use different tools, however the tools and systems should be integrated with each other for better information sharing. This session will discuss how enterprises can achieve this level of integration.
Product Marketing Manager
HP Enterprise Security
- Sridhar Karnam is worldwide product marketing manager for HP ArcSight Logger
- He has more than 11 years of experience in building and evangelizing the products in the information space
- Prior to joining HP, Sridhar got his MS in Engineering Management from Santa Clara University and was building robots for defense and manufacturing industries
- Sridhar has also worked with Oracle Corp. and other Silicon Valley startups leading the product management efforts.
- He holds an M.B.A from Wigan & Leigh College, U.K.
- Sridhar blogs for hp.com on enterprise security space and on business topics on his personal blog