Performance Engineering and Value to the Business
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
10:00 - 11:00 AM PDT (Los Angeles), 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT (New York), 19:00 - 20:00 CEST (Frankfurt)
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
One of the most often asked questions to a Performance Engineering team over many years is "What value do you bring to the Business?"
This webinar will delve into this topic from three different viewpoints:
1. The Performance Engineer
2. The Performance Engineering Group Manager
3. The Business Development Leader
We will be exploring the different roles and perspectives each of these have on what the real value Performance Engineering is bringing to their organizations and business units. We will also be discussing how these values have changed over the years and what the current situation is for the near term.
Polling will be utilized as well to get a feel for how you and other participating companies feel about actual value, perceived value, and competitive advantage that Performance Engineering brings to Business outcomes.
- Accomplished software product manager with extensive experience in developer platforms, Social Networking technologies and cloud technologies
Specialist, Syst Eng/Admin
- Assisted in the development of the Performance/Load Testing Processes for use by the Performance Engineering team at Nationwide
- Coordination of testing activities for 200+ software applications over monthly software releases
- Developed and implemented testing Best Practices to educate application development areas in the importance of proper performance testing
- Introduced team award, recognition board, employee driven team improvement and training which helped improve team’s engagement scores by 1 point over one year
- Assisted in the administration of HP Performance Center and HP Diagnostics
- Proficient in HP Testing Tool Suite
- Analyzed production workloads to build accurate test scenarios
- Developed and executed performance testing scenarios for software releases
- Analyzed, reported, and presented recommendations to application areas for application improvement
- Prepared and conducted training for employees using the HP Testing Tool Suite, including Performance Center, LoadRunner and QuickTest Professional
NTT Innovation Institute, Inc.
- Technical teamplayer with over 19 years of experience at Nationwide Insurance
- Petar has a deep technical competence across a wide range of technologies, and his MacGyver-esque problem solving abilities are legendary
- He appears as comfortable working on technical issues as he is teaching others
Chief Technology Evangelist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Senior Product Marketing Manager, focused on the two high growth and strategic incubation capabilities of Network Virtualization and Service Virtualization
- Innovation Coach with the HP Software Innovation Team and Chief Technology Evangelist with the HP Software Thought Leadership and Evangelism Team
- Seasoned software professional with more than 20 years of experience in IT applications development, IT operations, product marketing, product management, channels operations and business development in several domains including: Mobile, Agile, Cloud, and Performance
- Prior to joining HP, VP of Channel Operations and Services for Shunra. (DeCapua’s ability to deliver resulted in HP acquiring Shunra in April 2014)
- Held several senior leadership roles at ING DIRECT. (Key executive Agile change agent, transforming it to an Agile organization with the right people / processes / tools and delivering compelling results)
- Brings a rare background of being a Customer, Partner, and now Employee with Mercury / HP; bringing perspectives from all three dimensions, and sharing practical experiences which are relevant and timely for all
- Earned an MBA with Concentration in Finance, and Bachelor of Science. In addition, he also has been recognized with several industry certifications and awards, and is an industry renowned leader / speaker / author