Now more than ever, there is no doubt that DevOps is not only for the unicorns (such as Google, Amazon, Facebook), but for horses — large, complex organizations that are the leaders in every industry vertical, such as Barclays, SAP, Disney, Unilever, ITV, ING Bank, Hiscox, UK HMRC and more. These organizations that have been operating for decades, or even centuries, are replicating the same amazing DevOps outcomes that we’ve typically associated with just unicorns.
In this presentation, Gene Kim will share his top lessons learned studying how large, complex organizations are successfully adopting DevOps culture and practices. He will share specific case studies and observations, as well as other resources and specific recommendations for organizations embarking on DevOps transformation.
CTO, Researcher & Author
- Researcher and co-author of the newly-released The DevOps Handbook and The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
Sr. Director, Marketing and Strategy - DevOps
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Leads strategy and marketing for HP Enterprise’s DevOps portfolio to help customers deliver quality software faster to market
- Prior to HPE, Ashish was VP, Marketing of Electric Cloud, a DevOps automation company
- Earlier led Product Marketing at AccelOps and spent a decade at HPE leading teams across product development, product management, and R&D
- Previously, he held various roles at ReplayTV (acquired by DIRECTV) and Alltel (acquired by Fidelity Information Services)
- Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, he holds a MBA from Kellogg School of Management and a MS in computer science from the University of South Carolina