To register for a Vivit event, you must be a member logged into the Vivit website. If you are not already a member, you can simply sign-up by clicking on “Join Now” on the main page of the Vivit website, MEMBERSHIP IS FREE. If you need any assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
For this Vivit SIG Talk session, 2 Performance Testing thought leaders will be featured. They will share their knowledge and expertise with you.
Below is a quick outline of the agenda and topics for you:
- Speaker: Scott Moore
Performance Testing Internet of Things: Scott Moore will take a dive into performance testing Internet of Things (IoT) applications and platforms. It includes a deeper look into two of the most popular protocols being used today: MQTT and CoAP. Learn how you can ensure your IoT platform and applications scale, and reduce the risk of failure under load in highly constrained environments.
What will be covered:
- An overview of IoT architecture and protocols
- A deeper look into the MQTT and CoAP protocols specifically
- A demonstration of how to test the performance of IoT applications using LoadRunner 12.55
- Speaker: Chris Trimper
Using Splunk to Analyze Performance Metrics: Chris Trimper will show you how to leverage Splunk for storing and analyzing performance data from LoadRunner. This allows for easy trending and possible collaboration with other application metrics stored in Splunk. We will also look at building self-service dashboards showing application performance metrics.
You will be hearing about:
- Introduction to Splunk
- Process of preparing LR data for Splunk consumption
- Building dashboards and performing analytics in Splunk
Scott Moore Consulting
- Over 25 years of IT experience with various platforms and technologies
- Worked with some of the largest applications and infrastructures in the world
- Implemented performance engineering services for global integration vendors, leading insurance companies, large health care organizations, and major financial institutions
- Founded Loadtester Incorporated in 2004, and co-founded Northway Solutions Group in 2010
- In 2015, Scott Moore Consulting LLC was set up to provide consulting services around Performance Testing, Performance Engineering, and Performance Monitoring/Management
- Active thought leader in the performance engineering space
Enterprise QA Senior Automation Analyst
- Western New York Vivit Local User Group (LUG) Leader
- Currently sits on Vivit's Board of Directors as the Education Chairperson
- Over 10 years experience in software QA; 8 years writing test automation and 4 of those years using Micro Focus software
- Manages a team of 5 QA Engineers
- Tech geek at heart
#Vivit, #VivitSIGTalk, #Splunk, #IoT, #PerfTesting, #Testing, @MicroFocus