User Group Treffen "Testen & Test-Management mit HP QC/ALM" in Köln

9/8/2014 » 9/11/2014
HP Protect 2014

9/9/2014
What’s New in Network Management Center 10.0

9/15/2014
Vivit New York Meetup Event @ Velocity

9/16/2014
The Basics of API Testing Using HP’s Unified Functional Testing (UFT)

LinkedInTwitterFacebookGoogle Plus

Copying Between Quality Center Projects
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/31/2007 at 11:01:51 PM GMT
N8
Copying Between Quality Center Projects
Hi. Im a new Quality Center user. Our former test managment system allowed us to copy test plans and test sets between test projects, but so far I don't see a way to do this in QC. Is it preferable to keep all the test plans you may need to share between teams within one QC Project? I found this at HP: [url]http://www.mercury.com/us/products/quality-center/business-process-testing/[/url] [quote]In addition, you can copy and paste components, business process tests, and test sets within Mercury Quality CenterÖ projects and servers. This allows you to leverage your testing assets across multiple applications and different testing teams. It also saves testers time and effort, leading to improved productivity and efficiency. [/quote] I'm trying to do just that with QC: "leverage ... testing assets across ... different test teams..." with each team being responsible for different areas of our test process, but it does not appear to be as simple as copying test plans or test sets from one QC project that another team is working in to my QC project. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Nate'

6/15/2007 at 5:58:56 PM GMT
Have you purchased a Business Processing Testing license? Business Process testing allows the user to create business components and then use them to build a test flow. Since its likely that other areas use the same coponents, you may copy them to other projects. If you don't have a BPT license, you should still be able to copy test cases (Test Plan tab) and test sets between projects by selecting Edit --> Copy or right clicking on the test case or test set and selecting Copy.'

6/15/2007 at 6:59:54 PM GMT
In order to successfully copy any object from 1 QC project to another, you must first check that an user defined fields used in both projects match. If they do not match, you will receive an erorr message after you Copy/Paste. The match is based on the UDF type and size. You can always copy to matched fields and the to project has more, but not the other way around. Ray Scott

6/15/2007 at 9:51:36 PM GMT
Were able to copy/paste between projects even though they have different UDFs. They conform to the project you're pasting to. ex: Project A has UDS "Use Case" and Project B doesn't, it won't be displayed when pasted in Project B. If you copy from B to A, then the field will be blank in Project A. Perhaps the issue occurs when transporting Memo User defined fields or it may depend on what version/build you're using. We're using 9.1.0.4353.'

9/11/2008 at 6:57:36 PM GMT
Is there any way other than copy & paste to copy a large number of tests between projects? Once our current development project goes live wed like to copy all the tests, about 10,000 of them, to our maintenance project. I was hoping there may be a more efficient method other than copy & paste.'

9/24/2008 at 3:23:11 AM GMT
Working with the database directly in SQL might be able to copy the large amounts of objects you need. However you need a really good DBA to understand the QC logic in the database (the tables are linked all over the place!) - and above all else test it works out on a separate database first before messing with Prod.

9/24/2008 at 4:32:11 PM GMT
Thanks for the reply Jimbo. I was hoping there might be something hidden within QC that would allow me to do it, but I wasnt holding my breath. Anything I do decide to try will definitely be done in a development environment first before trying it in production.'

HP Barcelona

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Vivit Blog