- About Vivit
- LUGs & SIGs
- Vivit Blogs
- News & Events
- Knowledge Base
|HPE Software Products: QAInspect|
Software Content on HPE Enterprise Community in Read-Only May 9 - 15
As you may have seen in the last few months, Hewlett Packard Enterprise is combining some software assets with Micro Focus. As part of this spin-merge with Micro Focus, a new Software instance of an online community will go live on May 16, 2017.
All boards within the current Software category will be located to a new community. All URLs will redirect to the new community. All current users will be migrated to the new community as well. Please be sure to update your bookmarks after May 16.
As part of the migration to a new Software instance, all software content will be in read-only mode from May 9 – 15. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We will continue to provide further updates in this News board.
I am trying to capture a successful message from a popup wiondow. I guess it is customized popup from application.
Basically trying to do a payment and it prompts a popup window upon successful payment.
I tried with all end events [Doc load, DOM content loaded, network, etc] but no luck. please see the attachment for screenshot. pls guide me ASAP.appreciate your help.
I have installed SQL server 2014 on my computer. Howerver when I run QAInspect after installation I keep getting the message " SQL Server Express Is Not Installed". Can anyone help me with solution/advice on how to fix this?
I would like to know if QA Inspect can be migrate/entitle to Webinspect or to Fortify ?
I can't find any reference to QAInspect on current HP SW product pages or sites.
Is it still an orderable product?
I'm wondering if it has become part of another product group or portfolio.
And we haven't seen any updates for QAI in quite a while.
Thanks for any hints or insight!
I am running QAInspect 9.2 . It runs fine as long as I am logged into my laptop . But when my laptop goes into hybernate mode and I leave QAInspect running overnight , it hangs.
Please advise . Any help is appreciated .
We're trying to get a QA Inspect test to run on QC but not having much luck.
When we try to run the test locally, the execution log comes back with two rows - first one indicates the test was aborted, and the second line indicates there were "No Available Hosts".
Yet, when we run a QTP test on the same machine (again with Run Test Locally selected) the QTP test connects with the local host and executes.
We have QAInspect 9.20, QTP 10.0 and QC 10.0
I found problem when connecting to QAInspect via QAInspect Management Tool.
after inputing QC URL, Login name, password. The error message displayed "please verify that QC URL, login name, password are all correct".
I 've already tested by directly connect to QC using same User/pass. can connect without any problems
I 've also used QAInspect diagnostic tool, not help
in the event viewer, seem not help too.
Any idea please share
Many thanks in advance
Security Tester in BKK
The below tips are for new users or current QAInspect users upgrading to the latest version of QAInspect 9.20:
2. The database settings for scans and reports have been moved from being an advanced scan level settings to being a machine level setting located at QAInspect -> Application Settings->Database. All QAInspect tests ran on a given machine will use the same database settings set above. Please configure your database settings prior to running scans. The database default is SQL Server Express.
3. If you plan to use QAInspect 9.20 in a new QC/ALM project, launch QAInspect ->Project Settings and log into the new project as project administrator to integrate QAInspect with the new project prior to running scans.
4. If you plan on using QAInspect 9.20 in an existing QC/ALM project with current QAInspect 8.0 tests, you should first backup your project and database and then proceed to run the QAInspect Upgrade Tool located in the start menu prior to running scans. (You should not use QAInspect 8.0 and QAInspect 9.20 for the same project.)
5. If you plan on using QAInspect 9.20 with an existing SQL Server database for QAInspect 8.0, then you should backup your database and then proceed to run the database upgrade scripts in one of two ways:
a. The product will prompt you that the database needs to be upgraded. Select OK and the product will attempt to do so automatically. If you encounter errors afterwards, go to the download page: https://download.hpsmartupdate.com/qainspect/ and have your DBA manually run the QAInspect_8.0_to_9.2_ upgrade script.
b. Have your DBA to manually run the QAInspect_8.0_to_9.2_ upgrade script on the existing database or create a new SQL Server database and run the QAInspect_9.20_New_Scan Database_create_script.
6. Read the QAInspect 9.20 Release notes for Known Issues and Recommendations:
HP Application Security Center team is very proud to announce the official release of QAInspect 9.20! This release is packed full of new features and enhancements including the latest WebInspect 9.20 scan engine.
Here are just a few highlights of the 9.20 release:
Latest WebInspect 9.20 scan engine offers improved web service support, enhanced website crawling technology, new blind SQL Injection engine, and DOM-Based Cross-Site Scripting just to name a few.
QAInspect Real-Time is achieved through integration with HP SecurityScope, an agent installed on the target web server. It provides application information that QAInspect otherwise could not obtain.
TruClient for Login Macros has new log-in web macro recording/play-back technology where user interactions are captured (not traffic) and replayed making log-in playback much more accurate and compatible with sophisticated web applications.
Support for Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) is an industry standard vulnerability classification system from the MITRE Corporation that provides a unified, measurable set of software weaknesses. These are included whenever you view vulnerability.
You may find the full release notes here:
To get started with QAInspect 9.20, you can go to the following site where you will find a download link, quick start guide, and more:
Also, you should check out the below QAInspect 9.20 Upgrade Tips:
We hope you will be as excited about QAInspect 9.20 as we are. The folks here at HP Fortify Software will be monitoring these forums closely, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to post.
Thank you for your continued support!
HP Enterprise Security - Fortify
My objective: to get ASC trial env set up for my customer.
1) My customer with my direction did buy WI and now want to move further and buy other components of ASC.
2) I'm new to QI and QC. I know setting up a test env and get QI hooked up with QC is far more complicated than WI.
3) I got QI and QC downloaded.
4) What I'm missing is a comprehensive document that can explain the mentality and logics behind the QC and QI specific test environment and how these components operate with each other. Can anyone point me to a doc?
5) It was said that WI when finding an issue, it can send a defect report to QC/QI. Can anyone tell me how this is done and how QI/QC take care of such defect? A thorough doc is appreciated.
I'm looking for differences between webinspect & qainspect. Things that QAInspect cannot do & Webinspect has that extra stuff...
I tried downloading the QAInspect tutorials from the below given links but doesn't seem to work:
Quick Start - https://download.spidynamics.com/products/qainspect/hp/qainspectqcquickstart.pdf
Thanks & stay secure,
Will HP QAInspect give support for WShttpbinding?
I have tried different webservices it throwing error.
The message with To '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to an AddressFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. Check that the sender and receiver's EndpointAddresses agree.</s:Text>
Thanks in Advance
I haven't seen many post on here with QAInspect problems in a while. I wonder why that is. Are you actively using QAInspect? Is everything working fine for you? Are you not using QAInspect at all?
Please take the time to answer the below questions:
Few Querstions around HP Fortyfy 360
1. Do we need to purchase HP Quality centre as a pre-req for HP Fortify 360 ? is there any other pre-req required?
We have application like Calculator, can we use HP QAInspect for security testing of desktop application like Calculator or it is always Web application.
The attached document outlines a procedure that actual be employed by QAInspect users, and possibly WebInspect or AMP users, for measuring security compliance to quality in Quality Center. The procedure relies upon manual updates of test statuses, but does address to some degree the problems. Please note that this document was originally drafted before the release of ALM 11 so the corrections are a little out of date, but the basic processes are still the same
1. New ALM 11 Support – Only QAInspect 8 SP1 supports Application Lifecycle Management 11 in addition to Quality Center v9.2 and v10
2. New Rich Vulnerability view – Displays a site view, sequence view, request and response with parameter highlighting, browser view, and a list of vulnerabilities as they are found in real time as the scan is running
3. New QAInspect Management Tool - Configure all of your QAInspect project settings from a single tool
4. Redesign of QAInspect Test Plan and Test Lab configuration - Copy QAInspect tests and test configurations to use as a new test or test template
5. Recorded Crawl with Audit – Run targeted scans based on the URLs that you record using the web macro recorder or by converting existing QTP (Quick Test Pro) scripts using QAInspect script converter
6. Concurrent Licensing - Use HP License and Infrastructure Manager to allow concurrent licensing for QAInspect users
7. Improved Scan engine - Updated scan engine to improve scan accuracy and performance with the full range of WebInspect settings.
8. New Scan Manager – Manage reports, rename scans, and delete scans all from a single location
9. New Reporting System - Reporting system has been upgraded for overall better look and feel.
10. New Diagnostic Tool - Handy diagnostic tool to discover problems in your environment and setup that prevents QAInspect from functioning without calling support
To get started with QAInspect 8, you can go to the following site where you will find a download link, quick start guide, tutorials and more:
HP Software Application Security Center
For full compatibility between Application Lifecycle Management and QAInspect, the following are recommended:
10. Repeat steps 3-8 on every client machine that you wish to use QAInspect with ALM.