by Vesna Soraic
Senior Product Marketing Manager
On Monday, November 11, Micro Focus announced that the most intelligent enterprise service management product, SMAX, is now available as a service (SaaS) in the United States and Canada. Read the full press release here. SMAX is the first application for Enterprise Service Management, ITSM and ITAM built on machine learning and an analytics platform. It offers extensible, out-of-the-box best practices to get up and running quickly. SaaS makes it even faster.
Below are the five most important benefits of SMAX via SaaS for our customers:
- Subscription-based with minimal initial capital cost, which set SMAX up to become the lowest upfront investment solution among all service management vendors for enterprises. This will further decrease the SMAX TCO.
- Faster time-to-value from faster implementations and no need to deploy SMAX by yourself. You can start using SMAX out-of-the-box automated processes and build your workflows - codeless - from day one.
- Versionless with immediate to the latest functionality. Micro Focus will maintain SMAX and upgrade it each quarter so you can always leverage the latest innovations. SMAX configurations are codeless so upgrades of your configurations will be seamless.
- No vendor lock-in as SMAX is the container-native application with true multi-tenancy capabilities. SMAX customers can easily switch from on-premise to SaaS or public cloud, or vice versa, or simply request to get their tenant data and configurations exported when moving to a third party.
- AI-driven service management without operational complexity as SMAX SaaS has embedded and configured AI and machine learning into the core of the product. You do not need integrations with third party products and your data is never analyzed by outside products. Smart virtual agent, MAX, which is based on natural language understanding, is also now available in SaaS form.
According to Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Service Management, Q4 2019, in which Micro Focus SMAX has been named a leader, “Micro Focus provides one of the most intelligent service management platforms currently available, including uniquely advanced automated change risk scoring and proactive change optimization suggestions."
The SMAX as a service offering is available with the SMAX Premium Edition which includes ITSM, ITAM and ESM automated processes. Available on a subscription basis, SMAX as a service includes many extra capabilities not available with other vendors.
We are hosting the webinar “What’s New in Service Management Automation” on November 14 in which Michael Pott from product marketing and Doron Orbach from product management will talk about SMAX via SaaS, but also share other news from SMAX and Universal Discovery. If you miss the live webinar, the replay will be immediately available on the BrightTALK channel after the event.
It’s also my pleasure to announce the two new Studio apps available at Micro Focus marketplace:
- Scheduled maintenance - provides support for the scheduling and creation of Change or Request records.
- Time tracker application - allows agents to record time spent against specific activities as defined per organizational policies.
Last but not least, we also launched the SMAX Free Trial. Experience SMAX in a cloud environment and register today for your 15-day free trial.