In 2019, Vivit launched an Americas Roadshow series to re-engage the local community in some key cities that had not been active in recent years. We sent one of our experienced leaders, Rocky Pisto, ON THE ROAD to reconnect our members in Detroit, Cleveland, Raleigh, and the Washington DC Metro area while Teri Sarallo and Jill Stefan supported our Chicago team. The agendas were duplicated in each city which helped in logistical planning. With the help of Micro Focus marketing, sales, product management, and sales engineering as well as our local leaders or volunteer representatives, we connected over 100 Customers and Partners to learn and share best practices.
If you have never attended a Vivit user group meeting, let us give you the virtual experience as we recap this Roadshow Series. After the introduction of the sponsors/speakers and a high level “What is Vivit” presentation, all attendees are invited to share their name, company, role, Micro Focus tools in use, any issues and recent successes. This opening tends to act like a roundtable discussion and prepares the speakers to address user concerns or to elaborate on the interest areas of the members. After all, these are YOUR meetings!
Some of the highlights included:
- In-depth roadmap discussions around the ADM and IT Operations solutions from Micro Focus
- Customers sharing implementations of the Micro Focus tools and feedback on lessons learned at their companies
- User discussions/feedback around the features needed in future releases
- Hands-on demonstrations of Robotics Process Automation, an exciting new solution that complements both ADM and IT Operations products
- Open discussions around support and licensing issues from Micro Focus
- Deep-dive discussions to understand integration options and direction
And some of the participants feedback included:
- Jeremiah Key at State Employees Credit Union, “It was a good experience to see the direction Micro Focus is taking, as well as an opportunity to interact with other users.”
- Richa Talwar, Fidelity Investments. "It would be great to have 1-2 SAME presentations from DIFFERENT users to know what they are doing, challenges they are facing & their unique experiences." Great idea Richa; we will look to do that in future sessions!
- David Kegley, Prospecta. “Would enjoy more user TRAINING.”
As we look to expand this Roadshow in 2020, we hope you will get more connected with your local user group in 2019. We are here to help you maximize your investment in the Micro Focus tools. And maybe you have some of the answers; user groups are a rewarding way to share your expertise. Find a group in your area here or contact your Local User Group Liaison at Vivit:
Teri Sarallo firstname.lastname@example.org (Americas) or Iris Boers email@example.com (EMEA and APJ)