To register for a Vivit event, you must be a member logged into the Vivit website. If you are not already a member, you can simply sign-up by clicking on “Join Now” on the main page of the Vivit website, MEMBERSHIP IS FREE. If you need any assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
View this full session replay along with individual session replays and slide deck here.
We are excited to be hosting another Vivit SIG Talk [#VivitSIGTalk] event focused on Proven Practices around Quality & Testing for you. The live event is being held on 9 Jan 2018 at 12 PM ET, and a full session replay, along with individual session replays and slides presented will all be available.
For this Vivit SIG Talk session, we will be featuring speakers from the United States, England and Australia. If you have been in the Quality & Testing space for any period of time, you will recognize each of these individuals as experts. We are fortunate enough to have them as speakers, so they can share their thoughts, and provide our members with some thought provoking and actionable content.
Below is a quick outline of the agenda and topics for you:
- Speaker: Petar Puskarich
Performance Engineering Personnel Mining: How frustrating is it to find qualified and reliable performance engineering talent in today’s hiring market? This talk will cover some challenges and success strategies in hiring that basic scripter all the way up to the rare full stack performance engineering unicorn. What to look for, what to avoid, how to handle technology interview fraud.
- Speaker: Jonathon Wright
What is Digital Experiences (DX) within the Digital Performance Lifecycle (DPL): In the digital economy, every business is a software business, and the software landscape is changing forever. The traditional approach to providing business value through lengthy plan-build-test-deploy cycles can no longer deliver value in an increasingly competitive, consumer-centric landscape. Merely compressing these cycles through adopting iterative or agile methods does not address challenges organizations face in terms of innovation, speed to market, quality and resilience.
In this session, Jonathon will define what is Digital Experiences (DX) and why they are so important within the Digital Performance Lifecycle (DPL), and proven practices to help your organization adopt Minimum Viable Performance (MVPx), Performance as Code (PaC) combined with Test Data as Code (TDaC) to supercharge the Continuous Performance (CPx) delivery pipeline using bots (ChatOps) to deliver higher quality software at an ever-greater pace. Digital business systems need to be extremely responsive to change, be resilient in the face of unpredictable failure modes across machine to machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connections and microservice endpoints.
- Speaker: Stuart Moncrieff
Moving your script development practices into the late 20th century: When it comes to standard hygiene practices in writing code, the performance testing world lags decades behind the software development world. Support for version control has only been added to performance testing tools in recent years. What is the next decades-old software development practice that performance testers should adopt?
Our mission is to operate as an Independent Software User Group, providing our members with: Education, Advocacy and Community; one of the ways we deliver against this mission is through our SIG Talk series. Please help us to promote and share this information, so others can learn, and contribute to the community.
Please sign-up for the event now.
Host & Moderator:
Effective Performance Engineering
Chief Technology Evangelist
Wilmington, DE United States
- Passion with a purpose in all walks of life
- Currently sits on Vivit's Board of Directors as the Vice President of Strategy and Innovation
- Leader and founder of several Vivit Worldwide Local User Groups (LUGs), Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and webinars
- Dad, wildlife conservationist and outdoor sports enthusiast
- Technical and business expertise and recognized domain authority in Mobile, Agile, DevOps, Performance Engineering and Internet of Things
Bank of America
AVP, Performance Engineer
Dallas, TX United States
- Technical team player with over 19 years of experience at Nationwide Insurance
- Petar has a deep technical competence across a wide range of technologies, and his MacGyver-esque problem solving abilities are legendary
- Petar is as comfortable working on technical issues as he is teaching others
- 15 years of international automation experience using HPE software with a number of global organizations
- He is co-author of two award-winning and best-selling books: Experiences of Test Automation (2012) and Advanced UFT 12 for Engineers Cookbook (2014)
- His research includes Testing as a Service models (epistemic and systemic entropy) and Digital Engineering (Digital Transformation, DevOps and Lifecycle virtualization)
- Accomplished and frequent keynote speaker at international conferences, including Gartner (London), STARWest (California), STAREast (Orlando), Fusion (Sydney), ANZTB (Melbourne), EuroSTAR (Gothenburg and Dublin), Unicom and BCS SIGIST (London)
- Winner of the HP Enterprise ‘Innovation’ award for world class delivery in Prague (2015) and Quality award for ‘Innovation’ in Dublin (2014)
Web Performance Evangelist
- Internationally recognized expert in web performance testing over a decade spent as a performance specialist
- Regular speaker at conferences and is dedicated to improving web performance everywhere
- Believes in sharing knowledge, and hates it when people waste time re-inventing the wheel
- He has written over 100,000 words on web performance and shares his writing and source code (examples and libraries) on his website
- Each month, over 10,000 people read something he has written
#VivitSIGTalk, #PerfEng, #DigitalExperience, #ScriptDevelopment, #Quality, #Testing, @MicroFocus