To register for a Vivit event, you must be a member logged into the Vivit website. If you are not already a member, you can simply sign-up by clicking on “Join Now” on the main page of the Vivit website, MEMBERSHIP IS FREE. If you need any assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
View this full session replay and slide deck here.
This Vivit SIG Talk session will feature a thought leader who will share his vast knowledge and experience with OpenStack Cloud. Join us to hear a customer story on how a full OpenStack solution increased productivity and its implementation from start to finish.
- Speaker: Dr. Kenneth Tan
How to build an OpenStack cloud in Academic sector: University of Edinburgh: The popularity of private cloud adoption even in the academic sector is rapidly rising. Today, OpenStack in academia is not just a subject we discussed at summits or conferences anymore. But how can you successfully adopt OpenStack when even log management and monitoring seems to be piecemeal for operators? It is clear that full OpenStack solution would be beneficial for efficient, automated, and cost effective cloud computing solutions, without requiring large OpenStack operations teams. Not all operators have the luxury of having teams dedicated to operate OpenStack.
During the presentation we will talk about how University of Edinburgh is more productive than ever with a full OpenStack solutions - Deploy, Operate, Upgrade, about how we put into production in 8 weeks the research services department of one of the UK’s largest academic private cloud system, and what is still missing for OpenStack to make the adoption of cloud computing more flexible and self-served.
Dr. Kenneth Tan
- Has been in the large scale systems sector for 18+ years
- Kenneth leads a highly talented product development team
- Experienced in developing software targeting some of the largest supercomputers in the world and is now building OpenStack automation software, to optimize OpenStack cloud operations
- Previously with CloudFabriQ, BNP Paribas, OptimaNumerics, in product development and business development roles, involving products and services sold to major data center operators in automotive, energy, defence, meteo and finance
- Has led teams in UK, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Germany
#Vivit, #VivitSIGTalk, #privatecloud, #OpenStack, #automation, #Sardina, #FishOS, #zerodowntimeupgrade, @MicroFocusITOPs, @SUSE