To register for a Vivit event, you must be a member logged into the Vivit website. If you are not already a member, you can simply sign-up by clicking on “Join Now” on the main page of the Vivit website, MEMBERSHIP IS FREE. If you need any assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View this full session replay and slide deck.
This webinar is brought to you by the Vivit Testing Quality ALM Special Interest Group (SIG).
Join this webinar that will demonstrate how BNP Paribas started and performed evaluation of ALM Octane and is now using the tool to run complete agile testing lifecycles. The testing lifecycle will be presented as a live demo that follows Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) methodology and uses Gherkin notation for defining test suites.
The testing lifecycle starts with definition of requirements and user stories, heavily builds on test automation and advanced reporting, manages and synchronizes defects across tools, and feeds learnings from testing back into the requirements. It uses an integrated development and testing infrastructure including products like Confluence, Jira, Micro Focus ALM, Micro Focus ALM Octane, Jenkins, GIT, Cucumber, IntelliJ, TestCafe, and others.
BNP Paribas’s journey with agile test automation using ALM Octane started in 2017. The webinar presents in a nutshell how evaluation of ALM Octane was approached and conducted. It explains how new methods were introduced with the objective to leverage full tool functionality. The initiative has soon helped to increase testing efficiency and created important business value.
Webinar participants will learn:
- How BNP Paribas has conducted evaluation of ALM Octane
- Why ALM Octane is much more than just a successor of ALM/Quality Center
- How ALM Octane eases flexible management of its entire surrounding tool chain
- Why methodology like BDD shall precede tools, and not vice versa
- How Gherkin establishes a common language for the entire agile development lifecycle that helps integrating business, development, and testing
- How to use ALM Octane for pipeline management, reporting, defect synchronization, import of performance testing and BPT results, integration of in-sprint testing etc.
Consorsbank BNP Paribas
- Is a freelance testing expert currently with Consorsbank BNP Paribas
- Started his career in testing and QA with Mercury Interactive
- Since 1999, has supported many international projects for large enterprises in the automotive, trade, insurance, and banking industries
- Is closely familiar with the entire former HP testing tools portfolio of Micro Focus
Test Service Manager
BNP Paribas Personal Investors Germany
- Is responsible for test services for BNP Paribas Personal Investors Germany, covering management and development of tools like ALM.NET, BPT, UFT, Mobile Center and Performance Center
- Responsible for the evolution of the test tool services, including software evaluation / pilot activities. Since 2017
- Manages the setup, evaluation and piloting of ALM Octane as a test management tool within the context of CI/CD
- Is on implementation of BDD test framework, which is currently in the state of preparation for production rollout
#Vivit, #VivitSIGWebinar, #ALMOctane, #Agile, #Cucumber, #Jenkins, #GIT, #Jira, #IntelliJ, #TestCafe, #BDD, @MicroFocusDev