HPE Quality Center
Moderator(s):
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
HP ALM 12.0 Feature Differences (HP ALM 12.00, HP QC 12.00 & HP ALI 2.6) Locked Topic 0 C. Scharer Have a look at the Feature Differences of HP ALM 12.0
by C. Scharer
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Forum History 0 J. Rutten Our apologies for the absence of the historical discussion threads in this forum. We are experiencing technical delays in migrating the discussion history, and expect it to be completed in early June. In the meantime, please continue to post your questions, comments, and discussions as always.
by J. Rutten
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Can automation reduce regression testing resource needs? 4 celticman Without further information it is safer to say that Automation will help you increase coverage and number of test case executed and reduce regression rather than reduce the testing ressources needs.Automatin depends on many factors to easily estimate the benefits:-Number of test-Number of features/functions/screen covered by the tests (raw and %)-Number of release/version per year-Stability of the product (each screen/evolution imply maintainance cost in the automation)-Product/Screens complexity -Quality of the automation tool (Ease of conception/maintainance)
by V. GOUDE
Friday, April 22, 2016
HPQC 12.20 Community Edition - How to setup the URL/IP for the server? 1 R. Hemmerling Depending on your situation this may or may not be advisable. For our ALM server Windows Firewall is off. This is acceptable in our environment as it sits behind several network based firewalls and has no access to the internet. If your ALM server will not / does not have access to the internet, this may be acceptable.If your ALM server will have access to the internet I'm sure you'll want some form of firewall. Unfortunately, I cannot advise on settings as do not have the needed skillset to provide a proper solution. Jeff
by J. Comley
Monday, August 3, 2015
HPQC 12.20 Community Edition - Project import howto ?Or is import disabled? 2 R. Hemmerling ********How-to import the demo project, with "HPQC 12.20 Community Edition :-)********See my description athttp://www.hemmerling.com/doku.php/en/alm.html in section"How to install the Demo Projects "DEMO" and "LAB_PROJECT"':-)In a short, my solution for Windows with Microsoft SQL Server:1.Install the trial version2. import a project3. Save the Microsoft SQL database files by file copy4. Install the community edtion5. create the "empty" projects6. Copy the saved database files over the just created "empty database fileson the same computer at the same place. Of course you might also ship by this projects from commercial editions to the community edition.It works :-),but does not help much, as of course all "Requirements" handling is disabled in the communtiy edition.But its great for training, especially automations scripting by VBScript ect.SincerelyRolf
by R. Hemmerling
Friday, July 31, 2015
Error Login has timed Out 1 J. Ramirez Mendoza What is the version and patch level of your ALM/QC product?What type of authentication is the product using - ALM/QC or LDAP (or for v12+ Siteminder)?
by T. Claspill
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Need some help on Requirement management. 1 Y. Kumar When you say multiple products, do you also mean that each product is/has its own ALM project?If so, I'd imagine that the Libraries module would help you push requirements to various projects. You would then need to do individual requirement coverage analysis per project.If you have 1 centralized project, it seems to just be a matter of opinion on how to structure your requirements. You could just use standard folders to organize the requirements, knowing you need coverage in both areas. You could then write queries to see what requirements have not yet been met by both products.With more details, I/we may be able to share more about ways you can do this.(I should also add that I am not 100% sure that Quality Center has the libraries module, as I have only used the product with ALM)
by C. Trimper
Monday, April 13, 2015
SQL query to get full requirement path 2 S. Kelstrup Common Table Expressions can be used in SQL for a recursive query situation. Unfortunately, HP does not support use of those within ALM. Here is an example of recursing upwards from the leaf to the root.Given a Requirement ID, report back the parental heirarchy for that requirementwith ReqCTEas( SELECT RQ_REQ_ID, RQ_REQ_NAME, RQ_FATHER_ID, 0 as lvl FROM td.REQ where RQ_REQ_ID = {?Father_ID} union all select Folders.RQ_REQ_ID, Folders.RQ_REQ_NAME, Folders.RQ_FATHER_ID, Child.lvl +1 from ReqCTE as Child join td.REQ as Folders on Folders.RQ_REQ_ID = Child.RQ_FATHER_ID)select * from ReqCTEDo you have to use a query for this task? Do you have to get this report from the ALM UI? Are you open to other options? Using the OTA API, for example, could get you what you need.
by T. Claspill
Friday, April 3, 2015
QTP and JQuery 2 C. Fries I'd agree with G. Lansing that JS/JQuery is a extra level of complexity and testing for web. With that, it can be a quite fun challenge that has great rewards when scripted.Some initial thoughts w/o digging deep:- could consider storing a value of the select / items present, or the number of items - 'poll' for change - once change occurs, continue with testbased on page:http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_selectprint Browser("Tryit Editor v2.3").Page("Tryit Editor v2.3").Frame("view").WebList("select").GetROProperty("items count")' Displays:' 4print Browser("Tryit Editor v2.3").Page("Tryit Editor v2.3").Frame("view").WebList("select").GetROProperty("all items")' Displays:' Volvo;Saab;Opel;AudiThis way you keep native UFT/QTP functionality without need to inject javascript.
by C. Trimper
Friday, March 27, 2015
Sprinter annoyances with Dual Monitors 2 Carole Mallory 11.52
by Carole Mallory
Monday, March 16, 2015
How much bandwidth i need to implement HP Quality Center 1 J. Ramirez Mendoza Explain what you mean by "bandwidth". And what version of the product are you wanting to implement?You can find system requirements information for versions 10.0 through the newest version here:https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications
by T. Claspill
Monday, March 16, 2015
Which ALM Database Table contains this value? 1 A. Sajjan The host used to connect to ALM is not retained anywhere for historic reporting. The host information is available only for current, active connections.Otherwise you can get what you want from the sessions_history table.
by T. Claspill
Friday, November 14, 2014
ALM/QC 11.00 Critical Update - KM01091931 0 T. Lengrand Hello,  Does anybody have some information about this Critical bug ? https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/KM01091931 The huge impact should not be missed in your companies !
by T. Lengrand
Monday, September 29, 2014
Error "Server has been disconnected" 0 J. Ramirez Mendoza Hi, i have a problem.I give support of QC but i never had this error reported.Does anyone know how to fix this error?"Server has been diconnected while performing GetVisibleDomains action"
by J. Ramirez Mendoza
Monday, August 11, 2014
Editing a Macro in Sprinter 3 S. Johnstone HI Chris,Unfortunately with Sprinter 12.0, the functionality has not changed in regards to editing the macro...
by D. Broerman
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Requirements folder without attributes 3 P. Hansen One other option, is to hide them using Data hiding filters using requirement Type= Folder.Hope this helpsThanks
by R. Yedlarajaiah
Sunday, June 1, 2014
HP Customer's Opinion Needed - Voke Survey on Development & Test Labs 0 S. Konkoy Voke, Inc.is an independent analyst firm and a champion of virtualization and cloud solutions. Voke is conducting research about enterprise IT organizations and is inviting our HP customers to participate in a survey about development and test labs. This is Voke’s fourth survey about the benefits of using virtualization in the application lifecycle. Voke wants to hear our HP customer’s opinion about development and test labs including: Are your lab environments available when needed for development and testing?Are your labs physical, virtual, or in the cloud?Have you gained ROI from using a virtual or cloud-based lab tool? Customers, who complete the survey, receive a free report based on this research. The survey link is here:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZPJXXPG
by S. Konkoy
Monday, May 5, 2014
Querying the issues logged in HP ALM 2 N. Shah For the Test Lab question, as Jeff mentioned in the prior response, there really isn't another native way to export this information as you requested. If you use the export functionality directly from the Test Lab (highlight Test Set) and click the export selected or export all, it provides the Test Set field data on an excel spreadsheet but no attachments. You can do the same thing with the Test Runs Tab and export run specific info but no attachments.I know with ALM/QC 11.5x, you can build Project Reports and customize them to include embed text and image attachments in the report itself, plus you can build new and insert existing graphs from ALM/QC into the report document (but it's not an excel format - it's either HTML, doc, docx or pdf.
by D. Broerman
Thursday, March 6, 2014
History requirements 2 P. Hansen Was this a memo field type of regular field? Are you on ALM 11.52? You may also be able to leverage the new Business Views functionality and grab that release entity and notes field to build a report/graph
by D. Broerman
Thursday, March 6, 2014
HP QC10 - Agile Projects 1 J. Leather I would go to the new Agile Manger that HP has out and not try to configure the Agile Accelerator. The agile manager is saas and connects to your alm/qc instance and has a lot of preconfig and setups already done for you so u can hit the ground running.
by D. Broerman
Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Contact Us

Vivit Worldwide
P.O. Box 18510
Boulder, CO 80308

Email: contact-us@vivit-worldwide.org

Mission

Vivit's mission is to serve
the Micro Focus User
Community through
Advocacy, Community,