Test Automation Engineer at Discount Tire
The Product Development team at Discount Tire is looking to add a Test Automation Engineer to their team. This person in this role establishes and maintains processes for automating test cases while providing guidance related to automation to the Quality Assurance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establishes an automated test environment for user interface (UI) and non-UI testing.
· Establishes criteria for automating test scripts.
· Reviews test cases and automates whenever possible.
· Educates and mentors team members on test automation as needed.
· Integrates automated test cases into nightly scheduled run.
· Designs, documents, manages and executes test cases, sets and suites.
· Advises and participates in the design and maintenance of the QA environments.
· Acts as the primary contact for programming assistance required to administrate or automate tools.
· Participates in load or performance testing, writing automated test cases as necessary.
· Works with developers to identify and resolve programming inconsistencies and opportunities that impact automated testing.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, content and security.
- Follows QA and risk analysis testing procedures to ensure all computer applications are defect-free, compatible, adhere to Company and departmental standards and meet customer requirements.
- Follows the Company’s software development life cycle (SDLC) and participates in QA reviews, validation of requirements and specification documents.
· Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in QA writing and executing automation tests.
- Experienced with QTP, using Expert View to write reusable functions. (Advanced Level)
- Experienced writing VB Script (Advanced level)
- Experienced using SQL (Intermediate level) to verify data used in automated testing
- Experienced writing, designing and executing functional tests to verify correct functionality that meets business requirements and business goals.
- Experienced writing automated tests for eCommerce websites or other retail applications.
- Experienced analyzing test results to identify functional and configuration defects
- Comfortable collaborating with project team(s) during test design and execution
- Possesses strong communication skills and sharing testing progress, test results and other relevant information to management and team.
- Familiar with Agile Development / SCRUM lifecycle
- Experienced with AS/400 and DB2
- Possesses Retail Industry experience working with a Point of Sale system
- Experienced using HP LoadRunner
- Past experience with developing an automated framework
- Experience writing automated tests with other tools (e.g. Selenium, Visual Studio, TAO, JUnit) and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Web Services experience and familiarity with soapUI
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary. Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.
Salary range and job level is depending on experience.
Please submit resume and specific salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.